This is a one (1) year 2 terms program designed by NCUK for international students looking for entry to top UK, USA and Australian universities. This program is ideal to international high school graduates motivated to follow the NCUK supported pathway program to UK, USA and Australian universities.
NCUK’s International Foundation Year (IFY) programmes are designed to give students maximum amount of choice when they are ready to move onto their degree programme.
There are almost 4,000 degree courses students can progress to from the International Foundation Year (IFY) Programme in a wide range of subjects. Students will have 3 to 4 subjects in addition to Academic English.
ACADEMIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- be aged 17 or above on the programme’s start date.
- have high school diploma* (or equivalent in your country)
- passed at least four separate subjects at UK GCSE/GCE O level (at grade C or above)
- have the international equivalent of five GCSEs at grade C or aboveAll the students must have completed 12 years of schooling and achieved good grades supported by a strong report.
*The academic qualification required for entry to the International Foundation Year programme is a recognised High School Leaving Certificate or equivalent. The entry requirements for a number of countries and qualifications vary and for complete list of Entry Requirements please click here
The admissions team at Mesarya Education House can advise on a case by case basis.
English entry requirements;
To be eligible for the International Foundation Year (IFY) Programme you must have a valid English Proficiency Exam Score (IELTS or TOEFL IBT).
- IELTS or equivalent (with 5.0 in writing and no less than 4.5 in any single band)
- TOEFL IBT or equivalent (no less than 45 point)
- an acceptable equivalent of a GCE O level in English at grade C or above
The students who have no IELTS or TOEFL score can still apply to the programme and take PASSWORD English Exam before the start of the programme.
Mesarya Education House accepts English Password Test for international students as part of our English language admission requirements for International Foundation Year and International Year One pathway programmes. This means, the English Password Test is also accepted instead of the IELTS test, TOEFL test or any other acceptable English qualification. For more information please click here.
The academic requirements stated are minimum requirements needed to secure an interview with Mesarya Education House.
For complete list of Entry Requirements please click here
OTHER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Entry requirements for our Universities: Each of our member universities has its own entry requirements for each if its courses. Follow the university links to find out more information.
English language and visa requirements: You will need to have a good grasp of the English language to be able to study in the UK, USA and Australia. You will not need a visa to enter Northern Cyprus to study at Mesarya Education House International study Center.
However, upon successfully completion of your studies at MEH you will have your visa to enter either UK or USA or Avustralia upon presentation of your A Levels and/or NCUK International Foundation Year and/or International Year One and/or Pre-Masters Programe Certificate. You can find out more about applying for a visa from the UK Council for International Student Affairs.
- Architecture, Arts & Design
- Business & Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Economics
- Engineering & Computing
- Law, Humanities & Social Sciences, Politics
- Pharmacy & Sciences
ACCREDITED BY THE FOLLOWING
- UK NARIC (designated UK national agency for the recognition and comparison of international qualifications and skills.
- External examiners from leading UK Universities.
- Ofsted (the UK Government regulator for schools & collages) equivalent government body in North Cyprus which is YÖDAK.
- The British Council (The UK’s international organizations for educational opportunities and cultural relations)
- British Accreditation Council for Independent Further & Higher Education (BAC)
- Accreditation Service for International Colleges (ASIC)
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Mesarya Education House has signed NCUK delivery partner agreement with Northern Consortium Ltd. and accredited by NCUK.
The NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY) is designed with NCUK university partners to prepare international students for first year entry to undergraduate degree courses. Its purpose is to help bridge the gap between a student’s local qualification and starting a university degree.
You choose three academic modules from the list below depending on which degree you want to study at university. You may also need to study one of our English for Academic Purposes modules.
Upon successful completion, students are awarded a “NCUK International Foundation Year Certificate” accepted by NCUK’s partner universities and other prestious universities all over the world.
ELIGIBILITY TO UK UNIVERSITIES
- 240 points min. in subject modules
- EAP/EAPPU: min. Overall grade C (Reading, Writing, Listening & Speaking)
IN THIS PROGRAMME, YOU WILL HAVE
- First class academic instruction,
- The academic and personal support from a personal tutor,
- Broad and highly flexible extra-curricular opportunities,
- Excellent facilities and prestigious location,
- Tailored exam preparations,
- Regular testing and feedback
QUALIFICATION OF OUR TEACHING STAFF
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education)
- PGCHE (Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education)
- CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- ESL (English as a second language)
- EFL (English as a foreign language)
- TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
- TESOL (Teaching English to speakers of other languages)
- DELTA (Distance Education And Learning Technology Applications)
- Bsc./Ba./Msc./Ma./Phd.. in relevant subjects.