How the day is structured
- Mesarya Education House runs three courses:the NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY), the NCUK International Year One, and the NCUK Pre-Masters programmes.
The MEH is open from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with the teaching day running from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
All lessons are based around 45 minute sessions, though almost all will last for either two (90 minutes) or three (135 minutes) sessions, with a break of ten minutes during the 135 minute session for water and refreshment.
- A typical NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY), NCUK International Year One and NCUK Pre-Masters day is structured as follows:
|7:30 a.m.||MEH opens|
|7:45 a.m.||Registration for all students in their form rooms|
|8:00 a.m. – 12:40 a.m.||Lessons or study periods|
|12:40 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.||Lunch and lunchtime clubs|
|1:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.||Lessons or independent study|
- On Tuesdays and Thursdays, after-class sports clubs and other co-curricular activities run from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- For IFY & IYO students, the typical day consists of 7 sessions in their chosen subjects. All International & local students have additional lessons in English for Academic Purposes (EAP).
Although an IFY & IYO day could commence at 8 a.m. and finish at 5.30 p.m., it could also start later or finish earlier, depending on the individual timetables and subject choices.
- MEH also runs a large variety of co-curricular clubs at lunchtimes, some of which are particularly or exclusively suited to older (IYO and Pre-Masters) students, such as the Debating Club, the Medical Society, the Robotics and Computing Club, the Photography Club, and a Book Group.